Mental health support
The WHO definition of health is
“a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Mental health is an integral part of health, essential for human beings to able to, individually and collectively, think, feel, exchange with others, perform productive work and enjoy life.
If you are going through a phase where you feel the need to take stock or explore options with a professional, whether for private or professional reasons, CERN’s Medical Service provides members of personnel (MPE and MPA) the help of two psychologists.
- Katia S. is available on Mondays (all day) and on Wednesdays (afternoon only)
- Sébastien T. is available on Wednesdays (all day) and Thursdays (morning only)
They offer you primary care psychological consultations free of charge, in English or French. A space where you will be listened to and get support, in complete confidentiality.
In the framework of their mandate, these psychologists can:
- guide you, give advice
- present you the tools to better manage a given situation
- refer you to a suitable practitioner, if necessary.
You can make an appointment with a CERN psychologist via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guided breathing exercise for relaxation
Stress Management: 4-7-8 breathing exercise for relaxation
CERN Bulletin articles on mental health
- COVID-19: Look after your mental health, 13.05.2020
- CERN' mental health sources, 22.04.2021
- What is mental health?, 29.04.2021
- Recognise the signs of a mental health problem, 13.05.2021
- Sleep, nutrition and exercise: your mental health's best friends, 22.06.2021
- We can all take steps to look after our mental health, 27.06.2021
- We can all take steps to look after our mental health (part II) , 29.07.2021